Neighborhood Youth Association
NYA’s educational enhancement program, PERSONAL BEST, is designed to help each child become the best that he or she can be. They work intensively with youth from low-income families in Venice and Mar Vista. Through a comprehensive set of components, PERSONAL BEST serves children and youth from ages five through eighteen, and offers classes and activities for parents. Last years graduation from high school rate was 100%! Please visit the website at http://nyayouth.org/. For information about getting involved, please contact the Church.
Volunteer as a tutor through
- Tutoring and academic support
- Providing small group instruction and assistance for various types of workshops.
- Providing assistance and supervision with activities, field trips, and special planned events.
- Guest speakers for employment, career opportunity, and workshops.
For more information, please call the NYA Administrative Offices at (310) 664-8893.
Help out with the NYA Wish List
Consider donating some items on this list for use at their facility.
Contribute financially to the program
There are a variety of ways to give to the NYA. Consider attending the Annual Fund Raising Dinner at the Riviera Country Club in March, or if you shop at Albertson’s or Ralph’s you can link your market card with NYA and they will get a percentage of everything you buy.
- For Ralph’s go to www.ralphs.com and click on Services in the red bar at the top. Then click on School Programs, then Learn More under Community Contribution, then click on Enroll. When enrolled, click on Community Contributions again and enter your Ralph’s Reward Card #, click confirm and choose Neighborhood Youth Association. Alternatively, pick up a “scan bar” form in the Narthex, complete it and take it to your local Ralph’s to register.
- ” For Albertson’s call 1-800-696-6419 and give them your Shopper card #. The NYA code number is 49000114227.
Support the Sister’s of Bede
Host and/or attend a Sister’s of Bede venue event(s). A substantial portion of the proceeds from these events goes to NYA each year.